Permanent Resident Issues

To maintain your status as a Canadian permanent resident, the following requirements generally apply:

  • You must live in Canada (be physically present) for at least two years within a five-year period.

However, you should be aware of how your time in Canada counts.   Some time spent outside Canada may also count towards your two years if certain situations apply.

You may be facing Permanent Resident (PR) issues if you are asking yourself any of the following questions:

  • Have I been out of the Canada too long?
  • My PR card is about to expire and I’m not sure if I meet the PR card renewal requirements.  What can I do?
  • I was recently questioned by an officer on entering Canada, what does this mean?
  • I have a drunk-driving violation. Can this affect my PR status?
  • I have committed a minor crime. Can this affect my PR status?
  • I may have misrepresented information. Can this affect my PR status?

Avoid the refusal of your application due to filling of the forms without knowledge of the law.  Once an application is refused, a permanent record is created.  Seek professional help from an experienced, ICCRC certified consultant. Get help via a consultation today.